Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32

Thread: Some Dave Dicenso videos...

  1. #21
    Inactive Member FuseU1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 15th, 2002
    Posts
    3,631
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    neber - i dont see any links to the title "The Truth Is" on Merricks' site [?]

    I see Beatiful, Supernaturally Sober, etc...but not that one...

  2. #22
    Inactive Member jwalent's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 3rd, 2004
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    I want to apologise for the huge post first.....

    The new solo from the 4/6/2001 TTS show on Dave's site was recorded with Dave playing a 2 piece kit. Single Bass, Snare, 15" Zildjian A HH, 20" A Custom used as both ride and crash. Sometimes he had a cowbell mounted on the BD.

    Here are two photos of Dave's kit that day. I like to take a look at the pictures and listen to that solo. Kinda blows my mind!

    Berklee462001
    Berklee462001b

    I don't know if he turned down the Alanis Morissette gig. I can ask. But I can't guarantee an answer.

    I've never teched for Dave other than helping out a bit at the 2001 Montreal Drumfest. Dana Spellman officially teched for him for that show.

    McGee has also teched for dave but not sure if it was an official job. Joe Martino was a tech for Dave during the Two Ton Shoe days. Joe Martino also helped engineer Joe Merrick's CD "Down Home"

    Sorry about the sparcity of the site updates. He's currently working on a book and his own music and teaching at Berklee. He was taking Vocal lessons for a while.

    When I talked with him today, he said he's going to get a sample CD for me to use to post some new music on his site. But I don't know exactly when I'll receive it.

    But he's going to be active relatively soon and the website will reflect that.

    If you have any comments or suggestions for his site, e-mail me at: [email protected]

    I also admin Joe Merricks web site. Joe Merrick Web If you get the chance stop by. There are lots of great Full Free MP3's and Videos. You can also buy the CD Dave played on by clicking the link to "Down Home" opicture in the top left corner of the site. It's a great CD!

    Take care;
    Jim [img]cool.gif[/img]

  3. #23
    Inactive Member jwalent's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 3rd, 2004
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi FuseU2, I had to take off "The Truth" MPeg off Joe's web site. He's no longer collaborating with the person who wrote the lyrics for the song. So Joe had me remove the file.

    Sorry
    Take Care;
    Jim
    [email protected]
    Joe Merrick Web Site

  4. #24
    Inactive Member Derek DeFields's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2001
    Posts
    1,144
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Dave is amazing and one of my favorite players that HOD has turned me on to. I normally don't even like drum solos but for some reason I never get tired of hearing his stuff; so much feel along with great execution.

    I'd love to study with him; he needs to move to LA!

  5. #25
    Inactive Member shedder's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2002
    Posts
    533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    hey cool pics. i was there at that gig. i remember he started hitting the wall behind him during another solo. SICKNESS!

    dave is a phenomenal teacher as well. i studied with him on and off for two years and he is by far the best teacher i've ever had. he really knows how to explain ideas and concepts well. i agree with derek. he should definitely move to LA.

  6. #26
    Inactive Member juanexpo's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 4th, 2003
    Posts
    228
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here is the direct link to the new Dave Dicenso?s audio clip.

    One thing is for sure, Dave D. is on the TOP-TOP-TOP of my list.

    http://www.davedicenso.com/mp3/462001Drumsolo.mp3

    save target as...and enjoy this cymbal-snare-HH-BD drum solo.
    I am waiting for more updates in his website. www.davedicenso.com


    ...One thing is for sure, Dave D. is on the TOP of my list..Well, I think I have said this before.bye

    Hey rhythm_kid , tell Dave to come here and join to HOD fans.
    Bye.

  7. #27
    Daniel LeClaire
    Guest Daniel LeClaire's Avatar

    Post

    DiCenso is the man! That's some funky playing. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  8. #28
    Inactive Member beat Hit's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 14th, 2002
    Posts
    641
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Gracias Juan [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    Hi-Hat, single-pedal bass drum, snare... [img]eek.gif[/img] This dude's got technique like few others, yet he GROOVES!!! That's what I am talking about...

    Sweeeeet! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  9. #29
    Inactive Member juanexpo's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 4th, 2003
    Posts
    228
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Beat Hit,Give thanks to the others for keeping us informated about joemerric.com and Dicenso things.

    Go to www.davedicenso.com and download all the audio files. Your Hard disk will smile.
    Bye

  10. #30
    Inactive Member jwalent's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 3rd, 2004
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Shedder, I forgot about him hitting the wall during the solo...Remember the guy yelling to everyone after the show about leaving your drumsticks in the trash barrel as you leave.....

    That was a good show, just too short only about an hour. They had a gig at Harper's Ferry in Allston where they didn't take a break and played for almost 2.5 hours straight!

    Off the main topic....What is this link about rating the message poster? Can anybody put in a good word for me?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •